The Fastest Growing Threat
Until recently we have viewed abuse in terms of alcohol and illegal drugs. But today prescription drug abuse is the fastest-growing drug problem in the United States.
As the public knows from news reports, this is a major problem in Florida, and right here in Indian River County. Is your workplace dealing with this?
Find the Solution Now
Help your company and your community by sharing the vision of a drug-abuse free lifestyle. We are ready to help you put a program in place and provide you with continuing support.
Contact us today to learn how you can become a Drug-Free Workplace or update your existing policy, and begin realizing the benefits.
To learn more, reach out by phone or email to 772-770-4811 or [email protected].
1) Hersch, R. and Royer Cook. Workplace Substance Abuse Prevention What the Evidence Tells Us. Available at:
Accessed August 13, 2012.
2) U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2000). 1999 National Household Survey on Drug Abuse. Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
3) U.S. Department of Labor. General Workplace Impact. Available at: http://www.wbgh.org/healthtopics/combating_substance_abuse.cfm. Accessed August 13, 2012.
4) Mangione, T. W., et.al. (1998). New perspectives for Worksite Alcohol Strategies: Results from a Corporate Drinking Study. Boston MA: JSI Research and Training Group.
5) U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2000). 1999 National Household Survey on Drug Abuse. Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
6) Bernstein, M. and J. Mahoney. (1989). Management Perspectives on Alcoholism: The Employers Stake in Alcoholism Treatment. Occupational Medicine, Vol. 4, No. 2.
7) Drug-Free Idaho. How Drug Abuse Affects the Workplace. Available at: http://drugfreeidaho.org/workplace/how-drug-abuse-affects-the-workplace-statistics/. Accessed August 13, 2012.