Financial Benefits to You
The financial benefit to you of becoming a Drug-Free Workplace is that stopping substance abuse in the workplace is linked to reduced theft, fewer accidents, and increased productivity and profits.
And, you will receive a five percent reduction in your workmans compensation insurance premium.
Did you know?
Substance abuse has been estimated to cost the American economy over $365 billion annually.
A large portion of this is attributed to lost productivity which alone costs employers over $260 billion annually. (1)
You and your fellow employers are a key link in curtailing substance abuse and reducing the related costs, since most substance abusers (77%) are employed. (2)
No organization, whether it be a business; a nonprofit; or a governmental unit, is immune to the negative impact of alcohol and drug abuse. Nor does the size or location of the organization matter.
You can help your organization and your employees, and help your community at the same time. Become a Drug-Free Workplace and join the movement toward a substance-abuse free Indian River County.
But, I Already Have a Drug-Free Workplace Policy
Great! However, it may be outdated.
If your program was implemented before 2009 the chances are that it’s obsolete based on changes in the law and testing procedures.
We can review your policy and guide you in the development of an up-to-date policy so you will be getting all the benefits you have been expecting.
Facts about Alcohol and Illegal or Prescription Drug Abuse
Employees with substance abuse problems:
- are late to work 3 times more often than other employees
- use sick time leave 3 times more often
- are almost 4 times more likely to have an accident at work
- are 5 times more likely to file workers compensation claims.(3)
- One in five workers report they have had to work harder, redo work or cover for a co-worker, or have been endangered or injured as a result of a fellow employees drinking.(4)
- Over 38% of workers ages 18 to 25 are binge drinkers.(5)
- Up to 40% of industrial fatalities and 47% percent of industrial injuries can be linked to alcohol consumption and alcoholism.(6)
- Substance abuse is the third leading cause of workplace violence.(7)
The Fastest Growing Threat
Until recently we have viewed abuse in terms of alcohol and illegal drugs. But today prescription drug abuse is the fastest growing drug problem in the United States.
As the public knows from news reports, this is a major problem in Florida, and right here in Indian River County. Is your workplace dealing with this?
Find the Solution Now
Help your company and your community by sharing the vision of a drug-abuse free lifestyle. We are ready to help you put a program in place and provide you with continuing support.
Contact us today to learn how you can become a Drug-Free Workplace or update your existing policy, and begin realizing the benefits.