Annual 4th of July Freedom Run / Walk
Time Until Race Begins
Race begins at 7am, July 4th, 2020 at Riverview Park in Sebastian, FL.
Each year on July 4th, the Substance Awareness Center of Indian River County (SAC) holds their annual 5K Run/Walk fundraiser in Sebastian. Funds raised from this event support SAC in the mission “To reduce the impact of substance misuse and other behavioral health disorder in Indian River County, through prevention, education, treatment, and recovery support.” SAC is a 501c3 organization and is supported entirely through donations and grant funds.
The Annual 4th of July 5K Run/Walk is a family-oriented event that takes place along the beautiful Indian River at Riverview Park in Sebastian, Florida. Immediately following the race, there is an awards ceremony. After the race, the annual Sebastian 4th of July Parade and Craft Fair take place. All of these events bring families and friends together to promote health while having fun.
Sponsorships, donations, and race entrance fees help further the success of current programs such as these:
- LifeSkills® Training Program – a highly acclaimed, evidence-based substance abuse and violence prevention program that has been extensively tested and proven to reduce substance use. SAC teaches the program in 7 county middle schools and 9 elementary schools.
- Re-Direct Counseling Program for adolescents – a prevention program that provides services to youth and their families
- Outpatient and Day Treatment Program – treatment programs for adults with substance use disorders
- Recovery Assistance Program – programming and housing for adults in early recovery from substance use disorders
- Drug Testing Services – includes an on-site analyzer for efficient and reliable results. Accepts clients by referral, hotline assignment, or walk-in basis.
- SAFIR (Substance Abuse Free Indian River) – SAC is the lead agency and fiscal agent for Indian River County’s state approved substance abuse prevention coalition
An investment in our programs is an investment in the future of Indian River County, please help us keep our county safe, healthy, and free of substance misuse. Any donation would be greatly appreciated.